As a student, you need to take advantage of the Berea College Scholarships for International students if you have plans to study in the United States of America.
Berea College is a private liberal arts school based in Berea, Kentucky. The school was funded by John G. Fee. Although the school is not a Christian school, the founder adopted Christian values and morals as the standard of living on the school campus.
Founded in 1855, Berea College was the first college in the Southern part of the United States to be coeducational and racially integrated.
Berea College Scholarships for International Students 2022 as offered by the school is fully funded for undergraduate international students. As part of the benefits of this scholarship, 100% funding is given to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment.
This is to mean that no student pays tuition at Berea College. All students who gain admission receive the no-tuition promise — which covers 100% of tuition costs.
For most Berea students, the No-tuition promise amounts to over $176,000 across the four years of study at the institution.
In this article, we shall look at the eligibility criteria, value and coverage of the scholarship and how to apply for the Berea College Scholarships for international students 2022.
|Level of Study
|Country of Study
|United States of America
|November 30, 2021
|Four years or longer depending on the duration of preferred program.
|Art, Biology, Business, Nursing, Computer Science, you can look at more majors here
|All world countries
Below are the benefits and the amount given to recipients of the Berea College Scholarships:
- Berea College Scholarships provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. The aim of this combination of financial aid and scholarships is to cater for the cost of tuition, room, board, and fees of the students.
- International students are expected to save $1,000 per year to contribute toward their expenses in subsequent years. Also, the Berea College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
- International students who get accepted are expected to pay a $50 entrance fee and a $2,200 deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by the international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
- All international student are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages which is about $2,000 in the first year to cover personal expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Berea College Scholarships for International Students
To qualify for the Berea College Scholarships, kindly follow the requirements listed below:
The following items are required to complete an application for admission through the Coalition for College. All materials should be submitted via the online application portal.
- International Application for Admission
- Personal Essay
- Copy of official secondary school records (must be translated to English)
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms (must be submitted in English)
- One Financial Resources Confirmation Form (must be submitted in English)
- Copy of score reports from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, SAT or Duolingo.
- All applicants must have strong academic potential and must demonstrate a financial need. Usually, most Berea College students score between 20 and 30 on the ACT or SAT equivalent and have a cumulative high school GPA of a minimum of 3.0 in a strong college prep curriculum. Students may take either the ACT or SAT.
- Other things considered are community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
The Berea College recommends the following high school curriculum:
- 4 units of English (including composition, rhetoric, and literature)
- 3 units of Mathematics ( at least Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry)
- 2 units of Social Science/History (including World History)
- 2 Units of foreign language.
How to Apply for Berea Scholarships
Follow the instructions below in apply for the Berea Scholarships for international students:
- Please note that Application Deadline is November 30 and Application Status Update is given by January 31. Decision Notification would be sent to you by March 31, and you must deposit the required amounts as stated above by May 1.
- Create a MyCoalition profile in order to submit a Berea College application.
- Download and fill the application form from here.
- Mail the application form and send it alongside the rest of the requirements to Berea College Office of Admissions209 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403 USA.
For more information on the Berea College Scholarships for international students, kindly visit their official website:
Is Berea College Really Free?
No, it’s not. However, all admitted students receive a no-tuition promise from the school which is worth up to $176,000 across four years. So students who meet all the requirements for this no-tuition promise are given the chance to study for free. But those who do not qualify must sure pay for the tuition cost themselves.
Is Berea College free for international students?
No, College education at Berea College is not free for international students. However, there are financial aid and scholarship combinations available which cover the cost of tuition, room, board and fees. There are requirements to qualify for this benefits. Once met, international students are given the opportunity to study at the Berea College with 100% funding.
Does Berea College Offer Full scholarships?
Yes they do. They offer scholarship opportunities which cover 100% tuition.