Getting a fully funded American Scholarships, which can enable you to study for free in the USA, is really a good thing to save you the financial stress of carrying all your educational expenses on your shoulders.
Fortunately, United States of America (USA) Scholarships 2022-2023 are now available and both international and national students who seek to apply for some of these scholarships can now go ahead to do so.
Undeniably, America is one of the most expensive places to get a University degree. But don’t give up yet, as there are scholarship opportunities to help you get funding for your education.
International students can secure scholarship funding through kind courtesy of the US Education Ministry; such as Fulbright Scholarship programs, Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program, just to mention a few.
Other US universities also provide these opportunities to international students who would love to study for free.
In this article, we would be looking at some scholarship opportunities offered by US Universities and US Government to international students. Some are funded by the Government, some by the Universities, and the private organizations also help out.
Check out list of Fully Funded American Scholarships 2022:
USA Government Scholarships for International students 2022 | Fully-funded
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program — The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is one of the fully funded USA Government Scholarships for International Students. This program gives you the chance to under-go a non-academic study and related professional experience in the US. The program which began in 1978 last for 10 months. Approximately 150 fellowships are awarded every year.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (Fulbright FSP) — A lot of international students across the world have benefitted from the Fulbright Foreign Student Program (Fulbright FSP). It is one of the most popular scholarship opportunities offered by the US federal Government. The Fulbright FSP grants up to two years of funding toward a master’s or doctoral degree in the United States. This program places more attention on the academic and professional development of staff, junior faculty, and administrators employed in the following types of institutions: tertiary, research, or government.
2022 USA Non-government Scholarship funding
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship — This scholarship is given twice in a year. And the lucky winner grabs a $1000 and a free backpack from Tortuga. Tortuga is a company that makes travel backpacks. As part of their giving back to the society agenda, they offer scholarship opportunities for international students. The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books, or travel. Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s study abroad program or university. In cases where this is not possible, alternative arrangements will be made.
- Science & Law School Scholarship — This scholarship is offered by the afidavit institute of judicial practice. This was put in place to sponsor international students from all walks of life to study for free in the US in any Science or Law school under 1000 QS University Rank.
- David P.Shapiro Annual Leukaemia Scholarships — This scholarship set up for students who have been diagnosed with leukaemia, and are interested in pursuing a secondary or post-secondary education. This scholarship was announced in 2016. The scholarship program being offered by the Law Office of David P. Shapiro consists of two separate annual scholarships.
- The Next Gen Scholarship Fund — The NextGen Scholarship Fund was created for international students and non-citizens who come to the United States with hopes of obtaining higher education to create a better life for themselves and their families. It is a local (Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia) scholarship program that provides one annual award to a qualified and outstanding high school senior or a current college student at a two-year or four-year college. Winners of this scholarship wins an amount of $1,000 and a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to interested persons.
2022 US Scholarships for Asian Students
There are also scholarship opportunity for Asian students who want to study in America. Let’s take a look at them below;
- Japan – United States Friendship Commission (JUSFC) — As the name suggests, this scholarship was put in place to foster friendship between Japan and the United States of America. The JUSFC as an independent federal agency was put in place to enhance Japan Studies, and collaborative institutional efforts, partnerships, and people-to-people exchanges that advance common interests between the United States and Japan.
- East – West Center Scholarships and Fellowships — Established in 1960 by the U.S. Congress, the EWC is meant to provide scholarship to international students studying in the US who are from Asia-Pacific region.
2022 US Scholarships for Female Students
We are in an era where premium attention is given to girl-child education. Hence, there are some scholarship schemes only for females.
Let’s look at a few below:
- MIT-Zaragoza Women in Logistics and SCM Scholarship — This scholarship scheme offers a financial aid program in collaboration with Ibercaja Banco S.A. for students of all nationalities. This gives chance to females to study at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- AAUW International Fellowships — This is an organisation prides itself in advocating for women and girls since 1881 and into the future! The AAUW international fellowships provide support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career. Their Funding is worth $18,000–$30,000.
2022 US Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Rotary Peace Fellowships — This scholarship scheme is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. Offered through the Rotary Peace Foundation annually, 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies at premier universities.
2022 US Scholarships for Developing Countries
The quality of education in developing countries especially in Africa are law when compared to that of the developed countries such as the US, UK, etc. For that matter, some scholarship opportunities are made available for some of these countries such as Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, just to mention a few.
Let’s look at some of those scholarship opportunities for developing countries below:
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarships — This scholarship is meant for African countries. The Program provides financial, social, and academic support to Scholars. Financial support includes, but is not limited to, tuition fees, accommodation, books, and other scholastic materials.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme — This scheme provides scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders — This is for young African leaders in other to empower them with leadership and business skills. International students aged between 25-35 from sub-African countries are given this opportunity.
2022 US University Scholarships
- University of Wisconsin Superior Non-resident Tuition Waiver Program — This is for international students studying at the Wisconsin University in the US. Through the Non-resident Tuition Waiver (NTW) Program, the university hopes to make the cost of studying at UW-Superior affordable to a wide range of students from diverse backgrounds.
- American University Emerging Leader Scholarship — This scheme caters for some fees for international students studying in some universities located in Washington DC. According to their official website, “the AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).”
- University of Oregon International Scholarships: University of Oregon gives a 2.5million worth of scholarship to international students (at both graduate and undergraduate levels) annually. This is given to the students based on given requirements and qualifications.
- Brandeis University Wien International Scholarship Program — This is a Scholarship for well performing international students. This opportunity is provided by the kind courtesy of Lawrence A. and Mae L. Wien, and the entire Wien family.
- University of Minnesota International Excellence Scholarships — This scholarship is given to two international students every year at the University of Minnesota. This is ultimately based on high performance. So if you want it, you have to study really hard.
- Clark University Global Scholars Program — If admitted to the Global Scholars Program, you will receive a scholarship of $15,000 to $25,000 per year (for four years, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal). If your financial need is greater than the amount of the Global Scholars award, you may be eligible for up to an additional $5,000 in need-based financial aid.
- University of Iowa Scholarships for International First-Year Students – This is for students who are not permanent residents or US citizens. This scholarship is given to First Year students of the University of Iowa starting their courses in Autumn. The aid is valued at $500 – $10,000 per year.
- Emory University Needs-Based Scholarship Program – International students with genuine financial needs are given this scholarship. All they need to do is prove that they indeed deserve it.
- University of Arkansas International Scholarships — University of Arkansas offers several scholarship benefits to International students. Some of which are John and Marie Lavallard International Scholarship, OMNI Center Endowed International Scholarship and International Education Catastrophic Fund.
- Harvard University Scholarships – Harvard University provides a wide range of scholarship opportunities to international students. Just that they are highly competitive. So for you to win, you really have to work hard towards studies.
- New York University Wagner International Scholarships – NWU has a lot of scholarship options. Approximately 40% of enrolling students are awarded scholarship. And all their scholarships are based on merit.
- Illinois State University International Awards – This covers fee waivers, merit awards and assistance in graduation. A lot of their international students enjoy from this.
- Michigan State University International Scholarships – Scholarship opportunities for international students are available at MSU.
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships – This is given based on merit. Therefore, high performing students have better chance of securing scholarships here.
- Yale University Scholarships – There are fully funded and partially funded scholarships at the Yale University for international students. Interested people can apply.
2 thoughts on “Fully Funded American Scholarships 2022: Study for free in USA”
HI myname is yuliyan and good toseen you
I want scolarship for bsc in information technology