Take advantage of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program 2022 if you want to pursue your studied in the United States of America.
This bursary program is funded by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, who also provide the Young Scholars Program.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is a need-based undergraduate bursary program designed for high achieving high school seniors to pursue a 4-year program at top colleges and universities in the USA.
Recipients of this College Scholarship program are given an amount up to $55,000 per year to undergo a four-year undergraduate school.
College Scholarship Program Summary
This is the summary of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program 2022:
|Level of Study:||Undergraduate|
|Country of Study:||USA|
|Deadline:||November 18th 2021|
|Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship amount:||up to $55,000|
The following are the benefits that recipients of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program enjoy:
- Recipients are given up to $55,000 per annum to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school in top colleges or universities in the USA.
- Recipients are given the ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the student experience.
Jack Kent Cooke College Scholarship eligibility
Applicants of this scholarship must meet the following required guidelines:
- Senior Standing: Plan to graduate from a high school in the United States of America in Spring 2022.
- Fall College Enrolment: The student must intend to enrol in an accredited four-year college beginning from fall 2022.
- GPA: A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or above is required.
- Financial Need: The student must demonstrate unmet financial need. Applicants with a maximum annual gross income of $95,000 are given consideration. Kindly note, however, that recipients of last year had a median family income of approximately $35,000. During the selection process, the foundation will conduct a full financial review, which will take into account all income and assets of the student and the student’s parents.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Selection Criteria
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation considers certain factors in selecting recipients of their scholarship. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Academic ability and achievement: Maintains a strong academic record and receives outstanding recommendations from teachers, shows a desire to be challenged, and demonstrates enthusiasm for learning. Eligible applicants must have a minimum, cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Leadership: Students who motivate others, takes initiative, and contributes unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5.
- Persistence: the student exhibits determination when faced with obstacles, goal-oriented, and confronts challenges with an ability to adapt to change.
- Unmet Financial Need: we consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $35,000.
College Scholarship Program Timeline
|September 1st, 2021||Application opens. Apply online in the Common App|
|November 18, 2021||Application Submission deadline|
|January 2022||Semifinalists are announced. All applicants will be notified of their status via email.|
|March 2022||Scholarship recipients are announced. All semifinalists will be notified of their status via email.|
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship winners 2021
Watch video below of Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship winners in 2021.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program FAQs
How much is the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship?
The foundation provides an amount up to $55,000 for up to three years to scholarship winners.
What GPA do you have for the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship?
3.5 GPA or above is needed.