If you have the desire to study in the United States of America for ‘free’, then, University Of Memphis Scholarships for International students has got you covered.
Take advantage of it now! The renowned university based in Memphis, Tennessee in the United States of America offers a fully funded scholarship for graduate and undergraduate degrees.
University of Memphis Scholarships for International Students is a merit-based scholarship available for newly admitted degree-seeking international students on a J-1 or F-1 visa.
Please kindly note that students with dual citizenship and/or permanent residents of the USA are not eligible for this scholarship.
In this article, we shall break down the eligibility criteria, how to apply, benefits and requirements for the University of Memphis Scholarships for International Students.
|Level of Study||Undergraduate / Graduate|
|Institution of Study||University of Memphis|
|Country of Study||United States of America|
|University of Memphis Scholarships for International Students Deadline||October 1, 2022|
|Program Period||4 years (however, the period can vary based on selected course)|
|Eligible Countries||All world countries|
You can also check out the University of Memphis Dean’s Scholarship
Scholarship benefits and coverage
Every scholarship comes with an award amount — and the Memphis University Scholarship for International students is not an exception. However, the specific amount given to recipients of this award cannot be determined since it varies from individual to individual, dependent on the program they chose to pursue.
Note also that this scholarship cannot be combined with other UofM institutional scholarships, with some specific exceptions allowed for departmental funding.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Memphis Scholarship
You must meet the following requirements if you want to apply for this scholarship:
Eligibility Requirements for the International Merit Scholarship for Incoming Undergraduate Students:
- 24 ACT or 1180 SAT equivalent
- 3.25 U.S.A. equivalent undergraduate degree GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org)
Eligibility Requirements for the International Merit Scholarship for Incoming Graduate Students:
- 300 GRE or equivalent on other tests
- 3.0 U.S.A. equivalent undergraduate degree GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org) or relevant master’s degree from an accredited and approved institution
Continuing Requirements to keep the International Merit Scholarship:
- Full-time enrollment status
- 2.75 UofM GPA in first two semesters and 3.0 UofM GPA for subsequent semesters
- Full-time enrollment status
- 3.0 UofM GPA all semesters
How to Apply for Memphis University Scholarship for International Students
Please follow these application processes if you want to apply for this scholarship:
To qualify for the scholarship, you must follow the normal admission process to the University of Memphis. But that you must meet all the requirements mentioned above.
- Apply here
- You will be asked to fill your personal information.
- After that you will fill your college plans
- The next step would be accepting all the terms and condition and then submitting your details.
Now after you are done with all these steps, you can now go ahead and apply for your scholarship.
We know you might still want more information on this scholarship. You can visit their official website below:
What Scholarships does University of Memphis offer?
Below are the list of scholarships offered by the University of Memphis:
1. 2018-2019 Academic Scholarships
2. Adult Scholarship
3. Community College Transfer Scholarship
4. Departmental Scholarships
5. Memphis Advantage Scholarship
6. First Scholars Program
7. Luther C. McClellan Scholarship
8. Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
9. Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Scholarships (TSAC)
10. Isaac Bruce Foundation Scholarship Application
11. University Transfer Scholarship Application
12. Freshmen Scholarships
Is University of Memphis safe?
Yes! University of Memphis is very safe. It’s understandable that crime rate in Memphis is high. However, The University of Memphis was ranked the safest large campus in Tennessee, the sixth time in eight years, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation’s 2019 Crime on Campus Report. TBI’s report showed crime increased by 3.6% across all Tennessee colleges and universities last year. More so, you will hear about crimes committed because the campus is in the middle of Memphis but entirely, it is a safe place to study.
Is the area around the university of Memphis safe?
The area around the University of Memphis is safe. The UofM Police is available to fight all perpetrators of violence and any form of crime. UofM Police Services is a state-certified police agency. Officers have enforcement powers anywhere in Memphis to address University issues. They work 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, patrolling in cars, on bikes and on foot. The University also has 800 security cameras, both inside and outside of buildings, across its campuses.
Lighting is also a critical element of crime prevention on campus. Last year the UofM underwent a light retrofitting, including 800 new outdoor LED fixtures for walkways, building entrances, on-campus streets and parking garages. Please read the full report here.